Benefit from our long-term deuterium supply capabilities.
Deuterium gas reduces the significant risk of the fibre’s optical properties deteriorating due to atoms in or around the cables experiencing adverse chemical reactions.
DeutraMed’s Deuterium Gas Competitive Advantage:
deutraMed meets major industry and client demands with an exceptional mixture of specialty products, expertise, and assurances. Our capabilities support our client’s innovations from prospect to prosperity.
- Our expertise in Deuterium gas, material integration expertise, and dedication to high-quality service support our clients in achieving their business objectives.
- With an exceptional mixture of specialty products and our years of expertise, we can assure our clients that we will meet major industry and client demands.
- deutraMed ensures that we will deliver a reliable continuous supply of your deuterated ingredients and products.
- deutraMed clients will benefit from our secure, long-term Deuterium supply capabilities.
- Service-oriented. Worldwide shipping.
Deuterium and The Fibre Optic Industry
During the final steps of fibre optics manufacturing the optical fibre cable is treated with deuterium gas.
The deuterium treatment replaces some of the protium on the fibre cables, which reduces the chemical reaction rate leading to the deterioration of light transmission and extends the life of the cable.
Deuterium & Fiber Optic Treatment
Isotope exchange reactions between Hydrogen and Deuterium are used to replace OH with OD groups in optical fibres to reduce OH light absorption. The OD group provides increased efficiency and prolonged lifetime.
Treatment of fibres with D2 gas protects them from future exposure to H2, thus reducing the probability of an OH formation. Since Deuterium is twice as heavy as Protium, it binds stronger to a variety of substrates, making the formation of OH less likely.